PCSIx - Port Community System
Posted on : 21 Feb 2020Views: 155
- PCSIx, a cloud-based new generation system, brings together the different stakeholders of the maritime sector on a single platform.
- Port Community System (PCS), an e-commerce portal, was introduced by the Indian Ports Association (IPA).
- Now efforts are underway to shift to PCS1x, an upgraded version of the PCS, which would allow India to move up further on the ease of doing business index.
- PCSIx brings together the different stakeholders, facilitating government-to-business, business-to-government and business-to-business transactions even as it ensures extreme levels of cyber security.
- As PCS’ architecture is built on an open platform, the technology can integrate any new concept or module available in the industry without disturbing the existing ecosystem.
- This unique feature offers the system unlimited scope for growth and expansion.
- PCS1x also offers the stakeholders a user-friendly mobile application, event-based notification and alerts, an interactive dashboard, capability of PCS-to-PCS integration (Indian PCS with international PCS) and a 24×7 help desk for location support.
- It enables trade to have improved communication with the customs, which has already embarked on Application Programming Interface (API) based architecture, allowing for real-time interaction.
- The platform ensures an improvement in payment cycle, transparency in transaction cycles, and detailed tracking of vessels and berthing schedules.
- It can be integrated with the Gate system with RFID (radio frequency identification), can produce e-copy of reports and notices, and be used for truck and trailer tracking.
Article Related Questions
The term PCSIx was recently seen in news. What is PCSIx?
1.A newly developed Rotavirus vaccine
2.A recent PSLV launch by United States
3.An e commerce port for port community in India
4.A Commodity Exchange in Japan
Right Ans : An e commerce port for port community in India