Phase-II to Fame India Scheme
Posted on : 06 Jan 2020Views: 121
- To give a further push to clean mobility in Road Transport Sector, the Department of Heavy Industries has sanctioned 2636 charging stations in 62 cities across 24 States/UTs under FAME India (Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Electric Vehicles in India) scheme phase II.
- Minister of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises said that in future at least one charging station will be available in most of the selected cities in a grid of 4 Km X 4 km.
- Department of Heavy Industry had invited the Expression of Interest (EoI) from million-plus cities, smart cities, State/UT capitals and cities from special category states for submission of proposal for availing incentives under FAME India Scheme Phase II for deployment of EV charging infrastructure within Cities.
FAME India Phase II
- Over the period of three years the scheme will be implemented with effect from 1st April 2019. This scheme is the expanded version of the present scheme titled ‘FAME India’ which was launched on 1st April 2015.
- The main objective of the scheme is to encourage Faster adoption of Electric and hybrid vehicle by way of offering upfront Incentive on purchase of Electric vehicles and also by way of establishing a necessary charging Infrastructure for electric vehicles. The scheme will help in addressing the issue of environmental pollution and fuel security.
- Emphasis is on electrification of the public transportation that includes shared transport.
- Demand Incentives on operational expenditure mode for electric buses will be delivered through State/city transport corporation (STUs).
- In 3W and 4W segment incentives will be applicable mainly to vehicles used for public transport or registered for commercial purposes.
- In the e-2Ws segment, the focus will be on the private vehicles.
- To encourage advance technologies, the benefits of incentives, will be extended to only those vehicles which are fitted with advance battery like a Lithium Ion battery and other new technology batteries.
- The scheme proposes for establishment of charging infrastructure, whereby about 2700 charging stations will be established in metros, other million plus cities, smart cities and cities of Hilly states across the country so that there will be availability of at least one charging station in a grid of 3 km x 3 km.
Article Related Questions
Consider the following statements regarding FAME India scheme
1.It comes under Ministry of New and Renewable Energy.
2.The main objective of the scheme is to encourage faster adoption of Electric and hybrid vehicle.
Which of the following statement is/are correct?
The 1857 Uprising was the culmination of the recurrent big and small local rebellions that occured in the preceding hundred years of British Rule. Elucidate (Answer in 150 words) - 2019 Mains
3.Both 1 and 2
4.Neither 1 nor 2
Right Ans : 2 only