PM – KISAN scheme
Posted on : 31 Jan 2020Views: 828
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) is a Central Sector scheme with 100% funding from Government of India.
- Under the Scheme an income support of Rs.6000/- per year is provided to all farmer families across the country in three equal installments of Rs.2000/- each every four months.
- The entire responsibility of identification of beneficiary farmer families rests with the State / UT Governments.
- The fund is directly transferred to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries.
- Farmers covered under the Exclusion Criteria of the Operational Guidelines are not eligible for the benefit of the Scheme.
- For enrollment, the farmer is required to approach the local patwari / revenue officer / Nodal Officer (PM-Kisan) nominated by the State Government.
- The Common Service Centres (CSCs) have also been authorized to do registration of the farmers for the Scheme upon payment of fees.
- Farmers can also do their self-registration through the Farmers Corner in the portal.
- Farmers can also edit their names in PM-Kisan database as per their Aadhaar database / card through the Farmers Corner in the portal.
- Farmers can also know the status of their payment through the Farmers Corner in the portal.
- With a view to provide income support to all land holding eligible farmer families, the Government has launched PM-KISAN.
- The scheme aims to supplement the financial needs of the farmers in procuring various inputs to ensure proper crop health and appropriate yields, commensurate with the anticipated farm income.
- A landholder farmer’s family is defined as “a family comprising of husband, wife and minor children who own cultivable land as per land records of the concerned State/UT”.
- The existing land-ownership system will be used for identification of beneficiaries for calculation of benefit.
Article Related Questions
With reference to PM – KISAN scheme, consider the following statements
1.It is a Centrally Sponsored scheme.
2.The fund is directly transferred to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries.
3.The entire responsibility of identification of beneficiary farmer families rests with the State / UT Governments.
Which of the following statement is/are correct?
1.1 and 2 only
2.2 and 3 only
3.1 and 3 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 2 and 3 only