PM KUSUM Scheme
Posted on : 26 Dec 2019Views: 295
- Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) has launched the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha evem Utthan Mahabhiyan (PM KUSUM) Scheme for farmers for installation of solar pumps and grid-connected solar and other renewable power plants in the country.
- The scheme aims to add solar and other renewable capacities of 25,750 MW by 2022 with the total central financial support of Rs. 34,422 Crore including service charges to the implementing agencies.
The KUSUM Scheme comprises of:
- Installation of grid-connected solar power plants each of Capacity up to 2 MW in the rural areas.
- Installation of standalone off-grid solar water pumps to fulfil irrigation needs of farmers not connected to grid.
- Solarisation of existing grid-connected agriculture pumps to make farmers independent of grid supply and also enable them to sell surplus solar power generated to DISCOM and get extra income.
Article Related Questions
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha evem Utthan Mahabhiyan (PM KUSUM) Scheme has been launched with the objectives of:
The 1857 Uprising was the culmination of the recurrent big and small local rebellions that occured in the preceding hundred years of British Rule. Elucidate (Answer in 150 words) - 2019 Mains
1.Installation of the grid-connected solar power plant
2.Enable the farmers to sell the surplus power generated to DisCom and earn extra income.
3.Solarisation of existing grid-connected agriculture water pumps.
4.All of the above
Right Ans : All of the above