Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana
Posted on : 23 Dec 2019Views: 867
- Union Minister for Rural Development inaugurates Phase–III of Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana to further enhance connectivity of villages with hospitals, schools and agricultural markets.
- The Phase-III of PMGSY aims at consolidation of 1, 25,000 Kms Through Routes and Major Rural Links that connect habitations to Gramin Agricultural Markets (GrAMs), Higher Secondary Schools and Hospitals for the period 2019-20 to 2024-25.
- The funding pattern for the PMGSY-III will be 60:40 between Centre and the States for States other than NE & Himalayan States and 90:10 for NE and Himalayan States as applicable for Central sponsored schemes.
- PMGSY - Phase I was launched in December, 2000 as a 100 % centrally sponsored scheme.
- Its objective to provide single all-weather road connectivity to eligible unconnected habitation of designated population size (500+ in plain areas and 250+ in North-East, hill, tribal and desert areas, 00 - 249 population in LWE districts as per Census, 2001) for overall socio-economic development of the areas.
- Also, upgradation (to prescribed standards) of the existing roads in those Districts where all the eligible Habitations of the designated population size have been provided all-weather road connectivity was to be taken up.
- However, Upgradation is not central to the Programme. In Upgradation works, priority was to be given to Through Routes of the Rural Core Network, which carry more traffic.
Article Related Questions
Conisder the following statements regarding Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana
1.It was inaugurated by Ministry of highways and road transport
2.Its objective to provide single all-weather road connectivity to eligible unconnected areas
3.It is a central sector scheme
Which of the following statement is/are correct?
1.1 and 2 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 2 only