Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana
Posted on : 18 Dec 2019Views: 259
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY) is a Maternity Benefit Programme that is implemented in all the districts of the country in accordance with the provision of the National Food Security Act, 2013.
- It is a conditional Maternity Benefit Programme launched by the Ministry of Women and Child Development.
- A cash incentive of is provided directly to the Bank / Post Office Account of Pregnant Women and Lactating Mothers.
- Providing partial compensation for the wage loss in terms of cash incentive s so that the woman can take adequate rest before and after delivery of the first living child.
- All Pregnant Women and Lactating Mothers, excluding PW&LM who are in regular employment with the Central Government or the State Governments or PSUs or those who are in receipt of similar benefits under any law for the time being in force are eligible.
- A beneficiary is eligible to receive benefits under the scheme only once.
- In case of miscarriage/still birth, the beneficiary would be eligible to claim the remaining instalment(s) in event of any future pregnancy.
- The eligible women desirous of availing maternity benefits are required to register under the scheme at the Anganwadi Centre ( AWC ) / approved Health facility depending upon the implementing department for that particular State /UT.
Article Related Questions
With reference to Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana, consider the following statements
1.It has been launched by Ministry of Women and Child Development.
2.It covers all pregnant and lactating mothers.
3.Cash incentive would be provided to the beneficiary.
Which of the statement given above is/are correct?
The 1857 Uprising was the culmination of the recurrent big and small local rebellions that occured in the preceding hundred years of British Rule. Elucidate (Answer in 150 words) - 2019 Mains
1.1 and 2 only
2.2 and 3 only
3.1 and 3 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 1, 2 and 3