Predecessors of the Indian National Congress
Posted on : 18 Jan 2020Views: 2928
- The Indian National Congress, founded in December 1885, was the first organized expression of the Indian National Movement on an all India scale. It had, however, many predecessors.
- Landholders' Society was founded in 1837 with the purpose of promoting the class interests of the landlords.
- Bengal British Indian Society in 1843 to protect and promote general public interests.
- The Madras Native Association and the Bombay Association were established in 1852.
- In 1866, Dadabhai Naoroji organized the East India Association in London to discuss the Indian questions.
- The Madras Mahajan Sabha was started in 1881 and the Bombay Presidency Association in 1885.
Article Related Questions
Arrange the following organizations proceeding to the Indian National Congress in chronological order and select the correct option using codes given below
1.Madras Native Association
2.Bombay Presidency Association
3.East India Association
4.Bengal British Indian Society
Right Ans : 4-1-3-2