Prime Minister Van Dhan Yojana
Posted on : 09 Dec 2019Views: 260
- Minister of State for Tribal Affairs will be announcing 100 Days achievements of ‘Prime Minister Van Dhan Yojana’.
- TRIFED under Ministry of Tribal Affairs is going to forge a partnership with Ritu Beri Designs to promote Indian tribal crafts and culture across the country and the world. Ms. Beri will be the Chief Design Consultant for Tribes India.
- Pradhan Mantri Van Dhan Yojana (PMVDY) is a Market Linked Tribal Entrepreneurship Development Program for forming clusters of tribal SHGs and strengthening them into Tribal Producer Companies has been launched with participation from all the 27 States from the Country.
About the scheme
- The Van Dhan Scheme is an initiative of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs and TRIFED. It was launched on 14th April, 2018 and seeks to improve tribal incomes through value addition of tribal products.
- The scheme will be implemented through Ministry of Tribal Affairs as Nodal Department at the Central Level and TRIFED as Nodal Agency at the National Level.
- At State level, the State Nodal Agency for MFPs and the District collectors are envisaged to play a pivot role in scheme implementation at grassroot level.
- Locally the Kendras are proposed to be managed by a Managing Committee (an SHG) consisting of representatives of Van Dhan SHGs in the cluster.
Article Related Questions
With reference to “Prime Minister Van Dhan Yojana” consider the following statements
1.It is an initiative of the Ministry of environment forest and climate change
2.It aims to improve tribal incomes through value addition of tribal products.
Which of the following statement is/are correct?
The 1857 Uprising was the culmination of the recurrent big and small local rebellions that occured in the preceding hundred years of British Rule. Elucidate (Answer in 150 words) - 2019 Mains
3.Both 1 and 2
4.Neither 1 nor 2
Right Ans : 2 only