Project VISWAS and Cyber AASHVAST
Posted on : 16 Jan 2020Views: 2612
- To strengthen law and order through a centralised system of CCTV monitoring and ensure cyber safety, Gujarat Police initiated its two pet projects – VISWAS and Cyber AASHVAST –flagged off by Union Home Minister Amit Shah in Gandhinagar.
- VISWAS stands for Video Integration and State Wide Advanced Security and Cyber AASHVAST stands for Assured Assistance Service Helpline for Victims At Shortest Time.
- As part of VISWAS, Gujarat Police have installed over 7,000 CCTV cameras at strategic locations in all 34 districts and set up 34 different command centres which will be controlled by one centralised command centre.
- The CCTV surveillance synchronisation will help the police to share their crime evidence related resources efficiently and also help in manning traffic system.
- With Cyber Aashvast, the police have formed multiple units in the Cyber Crime police to deal with instances of phishing, ATM card cloning, bank related scam, online shopping scam, app related scam and cyber bullying and harassment.
Article Related Questions
Two pet projects VISWAS and Cyber AASHVAST to strengthen law and order through a centralised system of CCTV monitoring and ensuring cyber safety are started by which state?
Right Ans : Gujarat