Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air Missile (QRSAM)
Posted on : 27 Jan 2020Views: 816
- India recently successfully test-fired a Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air Missile (QRSAM) with 30-kilometre range from a test range off the Odisha coast.
- The missile successfully engaged its target during the flight test and met all the desired parameters.
- Developed by the Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO), the missile has a strike range of 25 km to 30 km.
- It uses solid-fuel propellant and has the capability of engaging multiple targets.
- The all-weather and all-terrain missile, which can be mounted on a truck and stored in a canister, is equipped with electronic counter measures against jamming by aircraft radars.
- Quick Reaction Surface to Air Missile System (QRSAM) is a Short Range Surface to Air Missile system designed to protect moving armoured columns from aerial attacks.
- The entire weapon system is configured on highly mobile platforms and is capable of providing air defense on the move.
- QRSAM Weapon Systems is being inducted into the Indian Army (IA).
Article Related Questions
Recently, India successfully test-fired a Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air Missile (QRSAM). In this regard, consider the following statements
1.QRSAM is a short range surface-to-air missile system having capability to engage multiple targets.
2.It aims to protect moving armored columns from aerial attacks.
3.It is an all-weather and all-terrain missile using liquid-fuel propellant.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
2.1 and 2 only
3.2 and 3 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 1 and 2 only