Posted on : 16 Jan 2020Views: 202
- It is India's flagship global conference on geopolitics and geo-economics.
- This is the 5th edition of Raisina Dialogue, country’s flagship global Conference with focus on geopolitics and geo-economics and is jointly organised by Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
- In one of the largest gathering of the year, three-day Raisina Dialogue 2020 is bringing together 700 global participants from the across 100 countries.
- According to the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), the theme this year is ‘Navigating the Alpha Century’.
- The three-day conference will see participation of 12 foreign ministers, including from Russia, Iran, Australia, Maldives, South Africa, Estonia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Hungary, Latvia, Uzbekistan and the European Union (EU).
- Iran Foreign Minister Javed Zarif's participation assumes significance as it comes following the killing of Iranian Quds Force commander Qassem Soleimani.
- The synergies and collaborations in the Raisina Dialogue represent India's deliberative ethos as well as its international credibility and convening power.
- The Dialogue has been India’s contribution to global efforts to discover solutions, identify opportunities and provide stability to a century that has witnessed an eventful two decades.
Article Related Questions
Consider the following statements regarding Raisina Dialogue
1.It is India's flagship global conference on geopolitics and geo-economics.
2.It is organised by Ministry of Finance.
3.All the Asian countries attend the conference.
Which of the following statement is/are correct?
1.1 and 2 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 1 only