Recent Geographical Indicator (GI) tags
Posted on : 13 Jan 2020Views: 240
- Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade has added four new products to the list of registered GIs.
- Four new products added to GI list are:
- Palani Panchamirtham from Palani Town in Dindigul District of Tamil Nadu State,
- Tawlhlohpuan and MizoPuancheifrom the state of Mizoram
- Tirur Betel leaf from Kerala
- Palani Panchamirtham is a combination of banana, jaggery sugar, cow ghee, honey and cardamom in a definite proportion. It is prepared in a natural method without addition of any preservatives or artificial ingredients and is well known for its religious fervour and gaiety. This is the first time a temple ‘prasadam’ from Tamil Nadu has been bestowed with the GI tag.
- Tawlhlohpuania a good quality fabric from Mizoram known for warp yarns, warping, weaving & intricate designs that are made by hand. Tawlhloh, in Mizo language, means 'to stand firm or not to move backward’.
- MizoPuanchei is a colourful Mizo shawl/textile, from Mizoram. It is considered as the most colourful among the Mizo textiles. It is an essential possession for every Mizo lady and an important marriage outfit in the state. It is also the most commonly used costume in Mizo festive dances and official ceremonies.
- Tirur betel vine from Kerala is valued both for its mild stimulant action and medicinal properties. It is generally used for making pan-masala.
Article Related Questions
Which of the following product (s) is/are the latest addition to Geographical Indicator (GI) list?
1.Palani Panchamirtham from Tamil Nadu
2.Tawlhlohpuan and MizoPuanchei from the state of Mizoram
3.Tirur Betel leaf from Kerala
4.Saffron from Kashmir
Choose the correct answer
1.1 and 2 only
2.1, 2 and 3 only
3.1, 2, 3 and 4
Right Ans : 1, 2 and 3