Posted on : 21 Jan 2020Views: 581
- Saksham', an annual one-month long, people-centric fuel conservation mega campaign of Petroleum Conservation Research Association (PCRA) under the aegis of Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
- During this campaign, PCRA along with Oil and Gas companies will carry out various activities like ‘Saksham’ cycle Day, cyclothons, seminars for housewives on adopting simple fuel saving measure.
- PCRA also plans to make use of the social media platforms for various customized campaigns on fuel conservation through Facebook, twitter, MyGov.
- This campaign aims to spread the message of fuel conservation and greener environment across India.
- PCRA has been creating awareness in the public about the need for fuel conservation and adopting tips for saving fuel.
- PCRA has prepared a comic book jointly with NCERT on the theme 'Fuel Conservation' aimed at the younger generation especially the school children and is available on E-Pathshala on the NCERT website.
- Petroleum Conservation and Research Association (PCRA) in association with the Institute of Petroleum-Dehradun have developed a high energy efficient PNG burner/Gas stove for a household where piped gas is supplied which will save gas as compared to modified LPG stove for PNG.
- On mass awareness about fuel conservation, PCRA has developed attractive messages and recently developed an animated documentary 'Pollution Ka Solution" which is available on the PCRA website and YouTube.
- Saksham' is strengthening its footprint as a flagship Fuel Conservation mega campaign program of the country.
Article Related Questions
Saksham Campaign which was recently launched has which of the following objective?
1.Live interactive session with Prime Minister regarding primary and secondary education
2.It provides for financial inclusion in the formal banking sector
3.To remove corruption in every form using technology
4.It is a fuel conservation mega campaign
Right Ans : It is a fuel conservation mega campaign