Posted on : 03 Feb 2020Views: 865
- The saltwater crocodile is a crocodilian native to saltwater habitats and brackish wetlands from India's east coast across Southeast Asia and the Sundaic region to northern Australia and Micronesia.
- It has been listed as Least Concern on the IUCN Red List since 1996.
- The saltwater crocodile is often claimed to be the largest living crocodilian.
- Saltwater crocodiles can live more than 70 years.
- Saltwater crocodiles are most commonly found in coastal waters or rivers where they can swim between freshwater and brackish water.
- Saltwater crocodiles communicate using several sounds, including barking, hissing, growling and chirps.
Article Related Questions
With reference to Saltwater Crocodile, consider the following statement
1.It is often claimed to be the largest living crocodilian.
2.They can only live in brackish water.
3.It has been listed as Vulnerable on the IUCN Red List.
Which of the following statement is/are correct?
2.2 and 3 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 1 only