Saraswati Samman award
Posted on : 22 Jan 2020Views: 1080
- Eminent Sindhi writer Vasdev Mohi will be conferred with 29th Saraswati Samman. He has been selected for this prestigious literary award for his short stories collection- Chequebook.
- This short stories collection talks about the agonies and sufferings of marginalized sections of the society.
- Saraswati Samman carries a cash award of 15 lakh rupees, a citation and a plaque. Mr Mohi has authored 25 books of poetry, stories and translations.
- He is the recipient of several awards, including the Sahitya Akademi Award, Sindhi Sahitya Academy Award, Gangadhar Mehar National Award and Lifetime Achievement Award of Sindhi Academy.
- The Saraswati Samman is an annual award for outstanding prose or poetry literary works in any of the 22 languages of India listed in Schedule VIII of the Constitution of India.
- The Saraswati Samman was instituted in 1991 by the K. K. Birla Foundation.
- The inaugural award was given to Harivanshrai 'Bachchan' for his four volume autobiography, Kya Bhooloon Kya Yaad Karoon, Needa Ka Nirman Phir, Basere Se Door and Dashdwar se Sopan Tak.
- Besides the Saraswati Samman, two other awards – the Vyas Samman (for Hindi works by Indian citizens) and Bihari Puraskar (for Hindi/Rajasthani works by Rajasthani writers) — have been instituted by the KK Birla Foundation, a literary and cultural organisation.
Article Related Questions
Consider the following regarding Saraswati Samman award
1.This award is given every 5 years.
2.It is awarded for outstanding work in Fictitious or mythological Stories.
3.It has to be only in any of the 22 languages of India listed in Schedule VIII of the Constitution of India.
Which of the following statements is/are correct?
1.1 and 2 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 3 only