Sardar Patel National Unity Award
Posted on : 05 Feb 2020Views: 277
- Government of India has instituted Sardar Patel National Unity Award as the highest civilian award for contribution in promoting unity and integrity of India.
- The award seeks to recognize the notable and inspiring contribution made by individuals or institutions or organizations in this field and reinforces the value of strong and united India.
- The award will be announced on the occasion of the National Unity Day, i.e. the birth anniversary of Sardar Patel on 31st October.
- No monetary grant or cash award shall be attached to this Award. Not more than three Awards shall be given in a year.
- It shall not be conferred posthumously except in very rare and highly deserving cases.
- Any citizen of India without distinction of religion, race, caste, gender, place of birth, age or occupation and any institution/organization shall be eligible for the Award.
- Only individuals/institutions/organizations would be eligible to apply for this Award.
Article Related Questions
With reference to recently launched Sardar Patel National Unity Award, consider the following statements
1.No monetary grant or cash award shall be attached to this Award.
2.Not more than three Awards shall be given in a year.
3.Any citizen of India shall be eligible for the Award.
Which of the following statement is/are correct?
1.1 and 2 only
2.2 and 3 only
3.1 and 3 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 1, 2 and 3