Posted on : 20 Jan 2020Views: 556
- Sustainable Alternative towards Affordable Transportation (SATAT) is a developmental effort that would benefit vehicle-users as well as farmers and entrepreneurs.
- It aims to tap the potential of Compressed Bio-Gas (CBG) production plants as it has the potential to replace CNG in automotive, industrial and commercial uses in the coming years.
- CBG produced at the plants will be transported through cascades of cylinders to the fuel station networks of Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) for marketing as a green transport fuel alternative.
- The entrepreneurs would be able to separately market the other by-products from these plants, including bio-manure, carbon-dioxide, etc., to enhance returns on investment.
- This initiative is expected to generate direct employment for 75,000 people and produce 50 million tonnes of bio-manure for crops.
Article Related Questions
Consider the following statements regarding SATAT initiative
1.It aims to tap the potential of biomass resources to provide alternate affordable transportation.
2.It was launched by Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
3.Both 1 and 2
4.Neither 1 nor 2
Right Ans : 1 only