School Education Quality Index (SEQI)
Posted on : 24 Feb 2020Views: 2004
- The School Education Quality Index (SEQI) was developed to evaluate the performance of States and Union Territories (UTs) in the school education sector.
- The index aims to bring an outcomes focus to education policy by providing States and UTs with a platform to identify their strengths and weaknesses and undertake requisite course corrections or policy interventions.
- In line with NITI Aayog’s mandate to foster the spirit of competitive and cooperative federalism, the index strives to facilitate the sharing of knowledge and best practices across States and UTs.
- Kerala topped the list of large states in India in the Overall Performance and Rank in school education for the year 2016-17 with a total evaluation point of 82.2%.
- Tamil Nadu retained the second spot with 73.4% points.
- Kerala and Tamil Nadu were the top two performing states at the national level in the academic year 2015-16 as well.
- Uttar Pradesh ranks last among the Large States, with an overall performance score of 36.4 percent.
- Kerala, Rajasthan, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat and Assam are the best-performing Large States, each achieving an overall performance score above 60.0 percent.
- In the Outcomes category, Karnataka leads the Large States, with a score of 81.9 percent while Uttar Pradesh has the lowest score of 34.1 percent.
- In the Governance Processes Aiding Outcomes category, Kerala has the highest score of 79.0 percent while Jharkhand comes in last with a score of 21.0 percent.
- Manipur, Tripura and Goa are the top-performing Small States, each achieving an overall performance score above 55 percent.
- Manipur has the highest overall performance score of 68.8 percent.
- Arunachal Pradesh ranks last, with an overall performance score of 24.6 percent.
- Manipur ranks first among the Small States on the Outcomes category, with a score of 82.1 percent. Arunachal Pradesh has the lowest score, at 27.2 percent.
- In the Governance Processes Aiding Outcomes category, Mizoram has the highest score of 47.5 percent while Arunachal Pradesh ranks last with a score of 18.3 percent.
Article Related Questions
School Education Quality Index (SEQI) is released by?
1.Ministry of Human Resource Development
2.National Council of Education Research and Training
3.Pratham Education Foundation
Right Ans : Niti Aayog