SDG India Index
Posted on : 11 Feb 2020Views: 228
- NITI Aayog has the mandate of overseeing the adoption and monitoring of SDGs in the country, at the national and sub-national level.
- The SDG India Index, whose first edition was launched in December 2018, was the first tool developed by any large country to monitor the progress towards achieving SDGs at the sub-national level.
- The SDG India Index and Dashboard 2019 tracks the progress of and ranks all States and UTs on 100 indicators drawn from MoSPI’s National Indicator Framework, comprising 306 indicators.
- It indicates where the country and its States and UTs currently are on SDG implementation, and charts the distance to be travelled to reach the SDG targets.
- The Index covers 16 out of 17 SDGs and a qualitative assessment on Goal 17. This marks an improvement over the 2018 Index, which covered only 13 goals.
Article Related Questions
Consider the following statements regarding SDG India Index
1.2019 was the second edition of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) India Index.
2.The index documents the progress made by India’s States and Union Territories towards implementing the 2030 SDG targets.
3.It has been developed in collaboration with the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI), the United Nations in India, and the Global Green Growth Institute.
Which of the following statements is/are correct?
1.1 and 2 only
3.1 and 3 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 1, 2 and 3