Semi High-Speed Rail project by Kerala named “Silver Line”.
Posted on : 24 Dec 2019Views: 1023
- Kerala Rail Development Corporation (KRDCL), implementing agency for the 540-km double-line project, had submitted the proposal to the Ministry of Railways for building third and fourth lines between Thiruvananthapuram and Kasaragod.
- It's joint venture of the Kerala government and the Ministry of Railways.
- SHSR, named Silver Line, is envisaged to cut travel time between Thiruvananthapuram and Kasaragod from 12 hours to 4 hours.
- Seen as a game-changer in Kerala's infrastructure and economic development, SHSR is to be implemented with minimum land acquisition.
- Trains on the track, which passes through 11 of the 14 districts, will run at 200 km per hour.
Article Related Questions
With reference to Semi High-Speed Rail project by Kerala, consider the following statements
1.The project is been named “Silver Line”.
2.It is a joint venture of the Kerala government and the Ministry of Railways.
3.The speed of the train would be equal to that of bullet train.
Which of the following option is/are correct?
1.1 and 2 only
2.2 and 3 only
3.1 and 3 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 1 and 2 only