September 21 Revolution
Posted on : 02 Dec 2019Views: 168
- The Houthi takeover in Yemen, is known as the September 21 Revolution
- It was a gradual armed takeover by the Houthis and supporters of former Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh that pushed the Yemeni government from power.
Houthi and Saleh loyalists’ victory leading to a civil war and a subsequent Saudi led intervention.
• Houthis and Saleh's loyalists take over the Yemeni government
• Fall of Sana'a to Houthis and Saleh forces
• Prime Minister Mohammed Basindawa resigns
• General Ali Mohsen al-Ahmar flees to Saudi Arabia
• Hamid al-Ahmar flees to Turkey
• Prime Minister Khaled Bahah resigns
• President Abdrabbuh Mansur Hadi resigns
• Houthis initially announced Parliament's dissolution
Article Related Questions
“September 21 Revolution” was recently seen in news is related to which country?
The 1857 Uprising was the culmination of the recurrent big and small local rebellions that occured in the preceding hundred years of British Rule. Elucidate (Answer in 150 words) - 2019 Mains
Right Ans : Yemen