Southern Mountain Forests
Posted on : 08 Feb 2020Views: 318
- The southern mountain forests include the forests found in three distinct areas of Peninsular India viz; the Western Ghats, the Vindhyas and the Nilgiris.
- As they are closer to the tropics, and only 1,500 m above the sea level, vegetation is temperate in the higher regions and subtropical on the lower regions of the Western Ghats, especially in Kerala, Tamil Nadu, and Karnataka.
- The temperate forests are called Sholasin the Nilgiris, Anaimalai and Palani hills.
- Some of the other trees of this forest of economic significance include magnolia, laurel, cinchona, and wattle.
- Such forests are also found in the Satpura and the Maikal ranges.
Article Related Questions
Which of the following statements is/are correct regarding Southern Mountain Forests in India?
1.These types of forests are found in the Satpura and the Maikal ranges.
2.The temperate forests of Palani Hills are called Sholas.
3.Alpine vegetation is found in the higher regions while temperate vegetation is found in the lower regions of the Western Ghats.
Select the correct answer using the code given below
1.1 and 2 only
3.1 and 3 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 1 and 2 only