Street Light National Programme
Posted on : 23 Dec 2019Views: 74
- Street Light National Programme is an initiative of the Government to promote energy efficiency in the country.
- Government aims to replace 3.5 crore conventional street lights with energy efficient LED lights.
- This would result in annual energy saving of 900 crore units and the total cost savings of municipalities every year will be Rs 5,500 crore.
- Energy Efficiency Services Limited, a Public Energy Services Company under the administration of Ministry of Power, Government of India (GoI) is the implementing agency for SLNP.
- As part of India’s strategy to combat climate change, one crore smart LED (light-emitting diode) streetlights have been commissioned across the country, thereby helping avoid 1,119.40 megawatt (MW) of peak electricity demand.
Article Related Questions
Consider the following statements regarding the Street Light National Programme
1.Under this scheme, one crore smart LED (light-emitting diode) streetlights have been commissioned across the country.
2.It’s being implemented by state-owned Energy Efficiency Services Ltd. (EESL).
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
The 1857 Uprising was the culmination of the recurrent big and small local rebellions that occured in the preceding hundred years of British Rule. Elucidate (Answer in 150 words) - 2019 Mains
3.Both 1 and 2
4.Neither 1 nor 2
Right Ans : Both 1 and 2