Swarna Jayanti Fellowships
Posted on : 02 Jan 2020Views: 580
- Swarna Jayanti Fellowships have been awarded to 14 Scientists associated with projects containing innovative research idea and with potential of making impact on R&D in the respective disciplines.
- The fellowship is instituted on the 50th Independence Day of India by Ministry of Science And Technology to recognize young scientists with a proven track record.
- The awardees are supported by Department of Science & Technology, for fellowship and research.
- Under this scheme a selected number of young scientists, with proven track record, are provided special assistance and support to enable them to pursue basic research in frontier areas of science and technology.
- The fellowships are scientist specific and not institution specific, very selective and have close academic monitoring.
- The support will cover all the requirements for performing the research and will include a fellowship of Rs. 25,000/- per month for five years as well as a research grant of 5 lakh Rupees for 5 years in addition to their salary.
- In addition to fellowship, grants for equipments, computational facilities, consumables, contingencies, national and international travel and other special requirements, if any, will be covered based on merit.
- The duration of the fellowship will be for a period not exceeding five years.
Article Related Questions
With reference to Swarna Jayanti Fellowships, consider the following statements
1.It is been awarded to Scientists associated with projects containing innovative research idea and with potential of making impact on R&D in the respective disciplines.
2.The duration of the fellowship will be for a period of 10 years.
Choose the correct option from the following
3.Both 1 and 2
4.Neither 1 nor 2
Right Ans : 1 only