The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) recently released Global Liveability Index 2019.
Posted on : 13 Dec 2019Views: 249
- The survey ranks countries across indicators including stability, healthcare, education, infrastructure, culture and environment.
- Vienna in Austria, Melbourne and Sydney in Australia make the top three cities in the list.
- In India, New Delhi and Mumbai rank 118th and 119th out of 140 cities.
- Damascus in Syria, Lagos in Nigeria and Dhaka in Bangladesh rank in the bottom.
- The index assesses which locations around the world provide the best or the worst living conditions. Each factor in a city is rated as acceptable, tolerable, uncomfortable, undesirable or intolerable.
- According to the report deterioration in culture and environment scores is of concern including the quality of air in cities like New Delhi.
- Of the 37 Asian and Australasian cities included in the index, five are among the ten most liveable and six are among the 20 least liveable.
- The top 10 most liveable cities in the world according to The Global Liveability Index 2019, are:
Article Related Questions
Which of the following institution publishes Global Liveability Index?
The 1857 Uprising was the culmination of the recurrent big and small local rebellions that occured in the preceding hundred years of British Rule. Elucidate (Answer in 150 words) - 2019 Mains
1.World Economic forum
3.The Economist Intelligence Unit
4.United Nations Development Program
Right Ans : The Economist Intelligence Unit