The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) recently released Global Liveability Index 2019.
Posted on : 13 Dec 2019Views: 865
- The survey ranks countries across indicators including stability, healthcare, education, infrastructure, culture and environment.
- Vienna in Austria, Melbourne and Sydney in Australia make the top three cities in the list.
- In India, New Delhi and Mumbai rank 118th and 119th out of 140 cities.
- Damascus in Syria, Lagos in Nigeria and Dhaka in Bangladesh rank in the bottom.
- The index assesses which locations around the world provide the best or the worst living conditions. Each factor in a city is rated as acceptable, tolerable, uncomfortable, undesirable or intolerable.
- According to the report deterioration in culture and environment scores is of concern including the quality of air in cities like New Delhi.
- Of the 37 Asian and Australasian cities included in the index, five are among the ten most liveable and six are among the 20 least liveable.
- The top 10 most liveable cities in the world according to The Global Liveability Index 2019, are:
Article Related Questions
Which of the following institution publishes Global Liveability Index?
1.World Economic forum
3.The Economist Intelligence Unit
4.United Nations Development Program
Right Ans : The Economist Intelligence Unit