The Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC)
Posted on : 17 Feb 2020Views: 2263
- The Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) is a statutory body formed by the Government of India, under the Act of Parliament, 'Khadi and Village Industries Commission Act of 1956'.
- It is an apex organisation under the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, with regard to khadi and village industries within India.
- It seeks to - "plan, promote, facilitate, organise and assist in the establishment and development of khadi and village industries in the rural areas in coordination with other agencies engaged in rural development wherever necessary.
- The KVIC may also undertake directly or through other agencies studies concerning the problems of Khadi and/or village industries besides research or establishing pilot projects for the development of Khadi and village industries.
- The KVIC is authorized to establish and maintain separate organisations for the purpose of carrying out any or all of the above matters besides carrying out any other matters incidental to its activities.
Article Related Questions
Consider the following statements regarding Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC)
1.It is neither a constitutional body nor a statutory body.
2.It is an apex organisation under the Ministry of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises.
3.One of its objectives is to create self-reliance amongst the poor and building up of a strong rural community spirit.
Which of the following statement is/are correct?
1.1 and 2 only
2.2 and 3 only
3.1 and 3 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 2 and 3 only