Tropic of Cancer and States through which it passes
Posted on : 01 Feb 2020Views: 1415
- Tropic of Cancer
- 23.5-degree latitude is known as Tropic of Cancer.
- It is present above the Equator.
- At this place, the midday sun rays are vertical on 21 June.
- It is also referred to as Northern Tropic. Tropic of Cancer passes through 16 Countries.
- Tropic of Cancer passes through eight Indian states including
- Madya Pradesh.
- West Bengal.
Article Related Questions
Consider the following States
From which of the above States do the “Tropic of Cancer” pass?
2.2, 3 and 4 only
3.2 and 3 only
4.1 and 3 only
Right Ans : 2, 3 and 4 only