UNAIDS ‘90-90-90’ targets
Posted on : 11 Dec 2019Views: 187
- The targets propose that to end the HIV epidemic by 2030, 90% of persons living with HIV (PLWH) worldwide should know their diagnosis, 90% of diagnosed PLWH should be on antiretroviral therapy (ART) and 90% of PLWH on ART should be virally suppressed by 2020.
- WHO predicts that Sweden will be first country to achieve this target.
- To achieve this target, the UN has called the countries to take measures in their own countries.
- Ending the AIDS epidemic is more than a historic obligation to the 39 million people who have died of the disease.
- Powerful momentum is now building towards a new narrative on HIV treatment and a new, final, ambitious, but achievable target:
- By 2020, 90% of all people living with HIV will know their HIV status.
- By 2020, 90% of all people with diagnosed HIV infection will receive sustained antiretroviral therapy.
- By 2020, 90% of all people receiving antiretroviral therapy will have viral suppression.
Article Related Questions
90:90:90 targets are related to which of the following diseases?
Right Ans : AIDS