United Nations Conference on Trade and Development’s (UNCTAD) has released the E-commerce Index 2019
Posted on : 18 Dec 2019Views: 572
- United Nations Conference on Trade and Development’s (UNCTAD) has released the Business-to-Consumer (B2C) E-commerce Index 2019.
- The index compares 152 countries on four major indicators that are highly related to E-Commerce which includes population age, individuals using the internet, postal reliability index and secure internet servers.
- It also measures an economy's preparedness to support online shopping
- It has been topped by the Netherlands for the second consecutive year.
- India has ranked 73rd out of 152 countries.
- European nations hold eight of the top 10 spots on the index.
- The only non-European countries on the top 10 list are Singapore (3) and Australia (10).
- According to the report, in India Internet shoppers as a share of Internet users were 11 per cent and Internet shoppers as a share of population 3 per cent in 2017.
- Faring better than India are countries such as Iran, ranked 42nd, Kazakhstan (57), Azerbaijan (62), Vietnam (64) and Tunisia (70).
- Switzerland is ranked second on the list, followed by Singapore, Finland, the United Kingdom, Denmark, Norway, Ireland, Germany and Australia.
Article Related Questions
Which organization recently released “E-commerce Index 2019?”
3.World Economic Forum
Right Ans : UNCTAD