United Nations Conference on Trade and Development’s (UNCTAD) has released the E-commerce Index 2019
Posted on : 18 Dec 2019Views: 206
- United Nations Conference on Trade and Development’s (UNCTAD) has released the Business-to-Consumer (B2C) E-commerce Index 2019.
- The index compares 152 countries on four major indicators that are highly related to E-Commerce which includes population age, individuals using the internet, postal reliability index and secure internet servers.
- It also measures an economy's preparedness to support online shopping
- It has been topped by the Netherlands for the second consecutive year.
- India has ranked 73rd out of 152 countries.
- European nations hold eight of the top 10 spots on the index.
- The only non-European countries on the top 10 list are Singapore (3) and Australia (10).
- According to the report, in India Internet shoppers as a share of Internet users were 11 per cent and Internet shoppers as a share of population 3 per cent in 2017.
- Faring better than India are countries such as Iran, ranked 42nd, Kazakhstan (57), Azerbaijan (62), Vietnam (64) and Tunisia (70).
- Switzerland is ranked second on the list, followed by Singapore, Finland, the United Kingdom, Denmark, Norway, Ireland, Germany and Australia.
Article Related Questions
Which organization recently released “E-commerce Index 2019?”
The 1857 Uprising was the culmination of the recurrent big and small local rebellions that occured in the preceding hundred years of British Rule. Elucidate (Answer in 150 words) - 2019 Mains
3.World Economic Forum
Right Ans : UNCTAD