Posted on : 22 Feb 2020Views: 451
- The Vaisheshikaschool believes in the physicality of the Universe and is considered to be the realistic and objective philosophy that governs the universe.
- The Kanada who also wrote the basic text governing the Vaisheshika philosophy is often considered the founder of this school.
- They argue that everything in the universe was created by the five main elements: fire, air, water, earth and ether (sky). These material elements are also called Dravya.
- They also argue that reality has many categories, for example, action, attribute, genus, inherence, substance, and distinct quality.
- As this school has a very scientific approach, they also developed the atomic theory, i.e. all material objects are made of atoms.
- They explain the phenomenon of this universe by arguing that the atoms and molecules combined to make matter, which is the basis for everything that can be physically touched or seen.
- This school was also responsible for the beginning of physics in the Indian subcontinent. They are considered to be the propounders of the mechanical process of the formation of this Universe.
Article Related Questions
This school believes in the physicality of the Universe and is considered to be the realistic and objective philosophy that governs the universe.This school has a scientific approach and explains explain the phenomenon of this universe. It was also responsible for the beginning of physics in the Indian subcontinent.
Which of the following Schools of Philosophy is explained in the above passage?
Right Ans : Vaisheshika