Posted on : 28 Dec 2019Views: 91
- The economy of the Vijaynagara Empire was in very sound and healthy condition.
- The agriculture was in flourishing condition in VijayanagarEmpire.Agriculture was essentially the biggest contributor to the economy in ancient and medieval times.
- The agricultural wealth was supplemented by numerous industries, the most important of which were textiles, mining and metallurgy.
- The social condition of the empire was not egalitarian as the houses of the ordinary people were made of thatched, but nonetheless well-built and arranged according to occupations, in long streets with many open places.”
- The Caste system was prevalent in the empire. The Sati system was freely sanctioned by Brahmanas and it was very common in the Vijayanagar Empire.
- Coins made up of copper, gold and silver were in use in the Vijaynagara Empire.
Article Related Questions
Consider the following statements regarding the economy of the Vijaynagara Empire
1.Trade was contributing more to the revenue of the empire than agriculture.
2.The society was highly egalitarian.
3.Only gold coins were in circulation in the economy.
Which of the statements given above are incorrect?
The 1857 Uprising was the culmination of the recurrent big and small local rebellions that occured in the preceding hundred years of British Rule. Elucidate (Answer in 150 words) - 2019 Mains
2.1 and 2 only
3.2 and 3 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 1, 2 and 3