Warren Hastings 1773-1785
Posted on : 14 Dec 2019Views: 1446
- Regulating Act of 1773.
- Act of 1781, under which the powers of jurisdiction between the governor-general-in-council and the Supreme Court at Calcutta, were clearly divided.
- Pitt’s India Act of 1784.
- The Rohilla War of 1774.
- The First Maratha War in 1775-82 and the Treaty of Salbai in 1782.
- Second Mysore War in 1780-84.
- Strained relationships with Chait Singh, the Maharaja of Benaras, which led to Hastings’ subsequent impeachment in England.
- Foundation of the Asiatic Society of Bengal (1784).
Article Related Questions
Which of the following events happened when Warren Hastings was the Governors-General?
1. Regulating Act of 1773
2.Permanent Settlement of Bengal
3.separation of revenue administration and civil jurisdiction.
Choose the correct option from the following
2.2 and 3 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 1 only