Warren Hastings 1773-1785
Posted on : 14 Dec 2019Views: 138
- Regulating Act of 1773.
- Act of 1781, under which the powers of jurisdiction between the governor-general-in-council and the Supreme Court at Calcutta, were clearly divided.
- Pitt’s India Act of 1784.
- The Rohilla War of 1774.
- The First Maratha War in 1775-82 and the Treaty of Salbai in 1782.
- Second Mysore War in 1780-84.
- Strained relationships with Chait Singh, the Maharaja of Benaras, which led to Hastings’ subsequent impeachment in England.
- Foundation of the Asiatic Society of Bengal (1784).
Article Related Questions
Which of the following events happened when Warren Hastings was the Governors-General?
1. Regulating Act of 1773
2.Permanent Settlement of Bengal
3.separation of revenue administration and civil jurisdiction.
Choose the correct option from the following
The 1857 Uprising was the culmination of the recurrent big and small local rebellions that occured in the preceding hundred years of British Rule. Elucidate (Answer in 150 words) - 2019 Mains
2.2 and 3 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 1 only