Why the Revolt of 1857 Failed?
Posted on : 14 Dec 2019Views: 121
- All-India participation was absent
- All classes did not join
- Poor Arms and Equipment
- Uncoordinated and Poorly Organised
- No Unified Ideology
- Limited territorial and social base.
- Crucial support of certain sections of Indian public to British authorities.
- Lack of resources as compared to those of the British.
Article Related Questions
What were the causes of Failure for revolt 1857?
1.Limited territorial and social base.
2.Crucial support of certain sections of Indian public to British authorities.
Choose the correct option from the following
The 1857 Uprising was the culmination of the recurrent big and small local rebellions that occured in the preceding hundred years of British Rule. Elucidate (Answer in 150 words) - 2019 Mains
3.Both 1 and 2
4.Neither 1 nor 2
Right Ans : Both 1 and 2