World AIDS Day
Posted on : 04 Dec 2019Views: 318
- World AIDS day was observed across the globe on 1st December, 2019.
- This year the theme for the World Aids Day 2019 is "Ending the HIV/AIDS Epidemic: Community by Community".
- World AIDS Day is held on the 1st December each year and is an opportunity for people worldwide to unite in the fight against HIV, show their support for people living with HIV and to commemorate people who have died.
- World AIDS Day was the first ever global health day, held for the first time in 1988.
- It is a pandemic disease caused due to the infection of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV).
- As per the latest estimate of 2017, there are around 21 lakh 40 thousand people living with HIV in the country.
- The government is implementing National AIDS Control Programme (NACP) as a hundred per cent Central Sector Scheme for prevention and control of AIDS.
- The Government has also developed a seven-year National Strategic Plan from 2017 to 2024 to achieve the Sustainable Development Goal of ending AIDS as a public health threat by 2030.
Article Related Questions
This year the theme for the World Aids Day 2019 was?
1.Know Your Status
2.My Health, My Right
3.Together we will end AIDS
4.Communities make the difference
Right Ans : Communities make the difference