World Migration Report 2020
Posted on : 18 Dec 2019Views: 1316
- At 17.5 million, Indian diaspora largest in the world: UN report. The Global Migration Report 2020 highlighting the international migrants stock was recently released.
- It is released by the UN-affiliated International Organization for Migration (IOM).
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) provides services and advice concerning migration to governments and migrants, including internally displaced persons, refugees, and migrant workers.
- IOM's stated mission is to promote humane and orderly migration by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
- IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, be they refugees, displaced persons or other uprooted people.
- India continues to be the largest country of origin of international migrants with a 17.5 million-strong diaspora across the world.
- It received the highest remittance of $78.6 billion from Indians living abroad
- After India the largest number of migrants living abroad is followed by Mexico (11.8 million), and China (10.7 million).
Article Related Questions
World Migration Report 2020 is released by?
1.World Economic Forum
4.International Organization for Migration
Right Ans : International Organization for Migration