World Ozone Day
- The theme for the World Ozone Day 2019: 32 Years and Healing
- The theme for this year celebrates over three decades of remarkable international cooperation to protect the ozone layer and the climate under the Montreal Protocol.
- The Montreal Protocol has led to the phase-out of 99 per cent of ozone-depleting chemicals in refrigerators, air-conditioners and many other products.
- The latest Scientific Assessment of Ozone Depletion shows that, parts of the ozone layer have recovered at a rate of 1-3% per decade since 2000.
- At projected rates, Northern Hemisphere and mid-latitude ozone will heal completely by the 2030s.